Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Failed idea.


The initial idea for my business cards was to have watercolour paper (previously painted with bright colours) silkscreened with white letters. It looked good in my mind. And in Photoshop.

I got my painting done.

Look at those colours!

The white didn't work at all (as Jannetje had previously pointed out, but Sander and I wouldn't listen). So we went for gold. Gold didn't work either, so we went for black. The mix of both colours combined with too much pressure gave us this disappointing result. It could be interesting for another occasion, but on your business cardd, your contact details have to be clear and readable... which wasn't our case.
Some started looking a bit better after a few goes.
And these, together with a few more, could be saved. I'll treasure them until I find an art director with a super cool studio, offering incredible conditions.

Special thanks to Sander Van Loon who helped me with his empathy and did all the silkscreening.

No comments: