Wednesday, 25 September 2013

New York Day 1. The 12 hour walk.

Summer has come and gone so I figured the break from my blog has been long enough. I felt I needed to stay away from posting for a bit but found myself missing my posts. I like to look back at what I've been doing, it helps me keep track of time (that goes so fast). I use this blog as a visual diary, and having such a long period of blogsilence gives me a sense of losing track of time.

I've been working most of the summer until September and it's been one of the busiest and most productive summers.

A trip to New York and Puerto Rico was my compensation for the busy August. And it's been a trip that I will forever treasure in my memories. The excitement of the city is contagious and I want to share every day we had there with you. Also: the company was the best I could ask for. Phil, my companion and lover, my best friend, thank you for all the fantastic moments. I loved sharing them with you!

I was using my analogue camera during the whole trip, which was a bit risky as I had grown a bit unfamiliar to analogue cameras. Due to a harsh movement the first roll of film was ripped and destroyed. So these are the ones Phil took the first day on a digital camera.

On the first day we walked for 12 hours (or more). We were staying in Brooklyn and walked all the way to Manhattan and beyond. We got a sense of the scale of the city. It was exhausting but exhilarating!

Iphones. Iphones EVERYWHERE. 

Don't forget to ALWAYS be connected. Chargers in Brooklyn Bridge Park. 

BBQ grills in Brooklyn Bridge Park. 

Brooklyn Bridge Park Greenway. 

Brooklyn Bridge!

Lovely illustrations to cover a construction site. 

Illustration in a shop window. We bought a Russian poster from this poster shop. 

Five fried dumplings for $1.

Marshmallows from China Town.  

Mysterious food in China Town.  

At the end of the day, Phil lied exhausted on the floor of Central Station. 

No comments: