Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Museum Night.

This year's theme for Museum night was: Tears. So galleries and museum made the most of this theme to express their disappointment about the funding cuts in the cultural sector.

Rachel Griffin stands next to her "Trade Union" vessels at Christian Ouwens gallery.

I enjoyed this Dutch reggae group. Unfortunately I didn't catch their name. 

This group of ladies sand typical Rotterdam songs. One of my favorite parts of the night. 



I always wonder why tissue packaging isn't nicer. I would be happy to own a pack like this. 

The Icelandic constitution was read out loud at TENT. 

Free haircuts at the Boijmans!

Bram is part of The Jumping Flea band and they had a little show on at Rotterdam Museum, that unfortunately is closing due to lack of funds. Their show was called Bottle of Tears. I found the chosen tunes created an atmosphere that fit in so well with the sad closing of the museum.


I enjoyed the Handmade exhibition at the Boijmans van Beuningen museum. These were my favorite pieces. I should learn some embroidery skills. 



Laser cut screen with traditional German themes. 

Yes, I should really learn this skill. 

Reference to Bande à part?







No comments: