It's been quite some days since I published any photos on here. I thought it would be worth the wait, as I've been snapping away with my birthday present: a Nikon analogue SLR camera, from Phil. I took it with me to Antwerp on my birthday and lovely photo moments were stolen from all over. And the following days it was my companion during candle lit dinner parties and peculiar things I found on the way. But when I finally got through the 36 well-thought pictures I realized the film hadn't been placed properly. And all those satisfying clicks on the shutter-release button and the film advance lever were done on empty space, no film in between the lens and me. My disappointment still haunts me.
This all sounds very dramatic, but for some reason, maybe because of my bad memory, it's important for me to document certain moments, so I'm very sad to have lost all those images. I can still see those pictures through the viewfinder in my head. I think they would have looked beautiful. Alas, those images will soon be blurry moments only in the back of my mind.
These are some of the photos I took:
Phil on the train to Antwerp, looking out of the window. Green landscape in the background.
Phil in the sunlight, standing on the street, on tram tracks, with the big cathedral in the background and cables in the air.
Phil smiling in front of a shop window decorated with colourful, geometric shapes.
Window of the Ishigami exhibition in Antwerp. Taken from the elevated slope.
Me in a big, empty outdoor car park in Antwerp, next to the photo museum.
Man walking across outdoor car park.
Close up of leaves in the sun light, Antwerp.
Orange lit cone in the street at night, under a bridge in Antwerp.
Candle lit dinner in Antwerp. Portrait of Phil. Phil took a portrait of me looking awkward.
Toon and Jannetje working at their desks.
At Surinam take-away. Phil sitting on high stool. Big sign of "Afvaal" next to him in red capital letters.
Close- up of glitter on real plant at Surinam take-away.
Dinner at David and Camille's. Portrait of Camille and Sabine.
Portrait of Sabine and Rachel Griffin.
Dinner at Sabine's. Sabine talking to Paul with very open eyes. Lit candles in the foreground.
Portrait of Merijke not knowing wether to smile or be serious. Not sure what she went for when i snapped.
Phil, Hector and Jonas talking at Sabine's place. Hector hid his face when I snapped. Then he said, "No!"
Monday, 25 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment