Wednesday, 17 November 2010

We made a Rietveld chair in a couple of hours.


Selecting the pallet wood.
Measuring.
Riny gave me more drill power.
Wijbrand and Riny are looking a bit worried about my drilling abilities.

Let's brand it!


Beautiful!
The result.
The feeling of satisfaction.

Wijbrand's very well organized workshop.

The chair's new home.

--

Phil and I went to the Haka Festival on Saturday to participate in this workshop organized by Wijbrand Boon en Riny Lettow to build a Rietveld chair out of a pallet. When we got there the time of the workshop had changed (without notice), so we had missed it, but Wijbrand and Riny were kind enough to invite us to their workshop the following Tuesday to do it there.

It was a great morning and very satisfying to see how easily one can build a beautiful and comfortable chair. Wijbrand and Riny were very kind and patient teachers and made us delicious coffee and provided us with interesting conversation. Thanks very much for the invitation, it was great fun!

2 comments:

helen_sender said...

So cool! Did you have to pay for it? Had to smile at the photo of you touching the drill with the two men looking on doubtfully... hehehe

Rachel Sender said...

VERY COOOOOOL! No, we didn't have to pay for it. How cool is that, too? We did this for free! I know, that picture is really funny, looks like I don't have a clue of what I'm doing :-D